SAILORS POEM(水手之歌)
Loving a Sailor is not always gay; loving him truly is a high price to pay.
(爱上一个水手并不总是快乐的,真正地爱他是要付出高的代价)
Its being alone with nothing to hold, it’s being young but feeling so old,
(它总是让你感觉孤独而无耐,本来年轻但感觉很老)
Its having him whisper his love for you, its whispering back you love him 86
Plus two.
(他只能把对你的爱当成窃窃私语,而你的周围又那么多的传言让你不禁想和他BYE-BYE)
There comes a kiss and a promise of more as his ship slowly glides away
from the shore.
(当他的船快要起航时,你们只有斩不断理还乱的深吻和许诺,)
Reluctantly, painfully, letting him go, while you're dying inside for
Wanting him so.
(不情愿地,痛苦地 ,悻悻然地让他离去,
Watching him leave with eyes full of tears, standing alone with your hopes ,
(相望泪眼,挥挥手带着期望让他从视线中慢慢变小,独自伫立咸风中)
Dreams and fears. Sending a message with hope to your far-away love in a far-away town.
(在遥远的城市里将一封带着梦想和担心以及无限的爱意发出)
Its going to church to kneel and to pray, and really meaning the things that you say.
(再去教堂里虔诚地跪下,把想要说的心里话默默传送)
Being in love will foster your dreams of that far-away sailor your mind fairly beams.
(把爱在梦中研磨,给遥远的人传送者你的担心)
Days go by, no messages for a spell; you wait for some words to hear
That he's well.
(一天天过去,无只言片语,你很想得知他现在是否一切皆好)
Then an email receive and you're given in, to open his email and smile
With a grin.
(当终于有一天一封EMAIL收到,打开后你开口大笑)
Yes, he is well and misses you so, And is filled with the love you want to know. (是啊,他很好,他想着你,并填满你所有已知的爱)
Weeks are like months and months are like years,
(周像月过,月如年度)
You wait for the day when you'll have no more fears.
(你日复一日的等待最终也耗干了眼泪)
Days go by slowly, how many have passed? Then suddenly you realize its here at last! (一天天慢慢逝去,不知过了多少天?这时你突然意识到他又快回到这里了)
Yes, loving a sailor brings bitterness and fears,
(是啊,爱上水手是会伴随着苦涩和眼泪)
Loneliness and sadness and despondent years.
(以及孤独感、愁苦和对生活的沮丧)
Loving a Sailor isn't much fun
(爱上水手并非易事)
but its worth the price when the battle is won.
(但当这场爱的拉锯战胜利时,你又会感觉特别的甜蜜和无价)
And remember he's thinking of you every day, he’s sad and he's lonely while so
Far away.
(记得他每一天都在想你,难过的他,孤寂的他在遥远的地方)
So love him and miss him and hold your head high,
(爱他,想念他,就请自豪的高昂起头)
Be strong and have faith, wipe that tear from your eye. Your man's a seafarer,
(擦去眼角的泪水,坚强而有抱负的那个海员就是你的男人)
Like that old ancient trader, it’s a high price you pay for loving a Sailor.
(像一种很老的古代的贸易,爱一个水手你就要高额付出)